Nihilent’s Management approach and practices are built around the following fundamental principles:
- Benefits Management: Tracking any program and several projects within to the benefits and returns projected in the business case is the key definition of successful program management. Nihilent believes that such tracking must begin at the planning stage and then monitored at every stage. This means that the program level goals are to be broken into project level objectives, further leveled to various roles in the program and projects. These are then to be measured, reported continuously and used for reviews of projects and individual performance. Along with regular schedule and cost tracking, evaluation of the benefits being delivered by the program is a part of reviews. This helps to take mid-point checks and re-align priorities as required.
- Management by Exception: Nihilent uses exception reporting based monitoring and control as well as early warning system for the client stakeholders’ involvement. Different sets of reviews are designed to suit the stakeholders’ expectations as well as ownerships depending on their level in the organization and specific area of responsibility.
- Strong Control with Collaboration: Nihilent’s holistic approach in program management built around its own patented change management framework (MC3) helps you overcome all types of boundaries – geographical, organizational, and cultural. It allows and facilitates multiple parties – both internal as well as external – to collaborate for the program, and gives the program owners complete transparency and control over all issues. Any program management is handled similar to its change management services where all aspects related to ‘people’, ‘process’ and ‘technology’ are viewed as ‘assets to be leveraged through integration’ to deliver a ‘whole’ in excess of the sum of the parts.
- Effective Risk Management: Our integrated risk management methodology enables early warning, accountability and quantification of risks. Nihilent’s philosophy of ‘continuous learning and improvement’ as well as strong process orientation also builds an organization-wide knowledge base of the lessons learnt by the organization while managing past risks, issues, and changes.
We offer flexible operating models based on risk sharing and risk management modalities as well as management control requirements. A specific model for such a partnership is worked out taking into account client preferences and comfort related to operational management and control. Our service delivery model can be built around one or more of the following:
- Joint Venture where the responsibility and benefits realization sharing arrangement is structured to drive the relationship management and program delivery partnership
- Build, Operate and Transfer where Nihilent can take total ownership of managing the program till it and/or the individual specific projects graduate to the ‘steady state operation’ stage
- Program Management Services with a pre-specified scope and share of responsibility and/or ownership by Nihilent for any/all aspects of program and/or specific portfolios (e.g. managing technology program, competency assessment/development, legacy renovation among others, as described in the portfolio of our services)
- Specific skill augmentation as required