The Nihilent Journey: Looking Back, Looking Ahead
In August 2020, Nihilent completed two decades. A proud moment for each one of us. Twenty years ago we started with a clean slate, armed with a dream and vision to create a differentiation in the industry. Today, Nihilent is a young, nimble Change Management organization enabling transformation across leading enterprises of the world. Here we reflect on our key milestones over the last two decades.
- Secured patent for PROLICY-D
- Launched Emoscape- a homegrown emotional analytics platform.
- Opened office in Sweden.
- Acquired ‘Hypercollective’, a cross-disciplinary innovations agency.
- Launched Prolicy D, a proprietary framework for Human Interaction Design for Product Lifecycle Development.
- Pravin Gordhan, South Africa Minister for Public Enterprises, inaugurated Nihilent’s second UX Lab in Johannesburg.
- Microsoft Power BI Partner of the Year 2019 winner.
- Won the APAC Insider Award for Best Enterprise IT Consultancy & Innovation in Digital Transformation.
- Created framework for UX testing – UX-T
- Opened up its first Interaction-experience Lab in Pune. Inaugurated by founding CEO of TCS and the Grand Sire of Indian IT- Dr. F C Kohli.
- Won the Cannes Silver Dolphin award for its corporate film ‘Love you, Papa’.
- Acquired ICRA Techno Analytics Limited (A Division of Moody’s), a business intelligence and analytics company based in Kolkata with operations in India and the USA.
- Consulting, Analytics, and Technology teams trained on Nihilent’s proprietary Design Thinking framework.
- Acquired Intellect Bizware, a specialist SAP consulting and services company.
- Opened office in Philadelphia.
- Embraced a Design Thinking mindset for problem-solving and created a proprietary framework for Design Thinking.
- Acquired GNet Group LLC, a specialized business intelligence solutions provider based in the US.
- Hosted Innovation Expo in South Africa.
- Started operations in Australia by setting up a subsidiary- Nihilent Australia Pty Limited.
- Diversified into Africa by opening up offices in Nigeria and Tanzania.
- Chosen as one of the Core Banking partners for a leading bank in South Africa.
- Listed in Red Herring – Top 100 Asia
- Grew product engineering practice for global digital media, payments, and healthcare clients.
- Won the patent for 14 Signals- Customer Loyalty Evaluation service.
- Helped centralize the back-office processing operations for a leading bank in Africa leading to a huge uptick in operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Started operations in Cape Town to support the growing client base.
- Became a technology partner for a global payments technology company for the development of their next-generation money platform.
- Expanded the Africa footprints with consulting and technology services across African countries with local partners.
- Grew media, broadcasting, and mobility business.
- Started offering Business Centric Testing Services.
- Engaged by the biggest global media business for strategy execution.
- Partnered with a leading global integrated chemicals and energy company in strategy implementation.
- Authorized to audit and certify global clients on CMMI.
- Launched LAMAT, a suite of products that manifests MC3.
- Achieved CMMI-Level 5, one of the youngest companies to achieve this recognition.
- Developed a Global Standard Operating Architecture (GSOA) for Dimension Data, that integrated disparate systems and ushered in standardization, rationalization, transformation, and change management.
- Formally launched Change Management Framework, MC3, which enables seamless business transformation.
- Engagement with a leading Government revenue service organization in South Africa.
- Launched US operations, gained a foothold in the North American region
- Partnered with CSI for eGov Annual Awards.
- Enterprise Transformation Consulting Group was formed to focus on Business Problem Solving.
- Assisted a central securities depository in their strategy execution and ushered operational self-sufficiency. The first implementation of ‘Change Management Framework’, MC3.
- Started operations in South Africa and later in the year forayed into the UK market.
- An ‘Idea called Nihilent’ was born.
- L C Singh along with a core leadership team of seasoned industry veterans launched Nihilent as a new age consulting company.
- Secured the first project with South Africa’s leading financial institution.