Internet of Things(IoT)
As enterprises evolve to the next orbit of technology maturity, a nexus of new forces are shaping the ‘New IT’. Billed as one of the true new normal technologies, the Internet of Things (IoT), which brings machines, people, data, and organizations into one big ecosystem.
When you connect your business with IoT, the opportunities are endless, from increasing process efficiencies and delivering better customer experiences to generating new revenue streams.
- Build smarter operations.
- Improve customer experiences.
- Increase business agility.
- Gain better insights.
IoT enables businesses to perform predictive maintenance, track production line efficiency, monitor devices, and detect and troubleshoot issues remotely — all areas that have huge implications for revenue. IoT applications allow you to gain access to device data that you can visualize and explore, and to run advanced analytics so they can respond in real-time.
Key Benefits of IoT
Consumer demands continue to drive innovation. Today we expect almost everything to have IoT capabilities including consumer products such as refrigerators, security cameras, and fitness wearables; industrial systems such as conveyor belts and manufacturing equipment; and commercial devices such as traffic signals and smart meters. Any device that can be powered on, can be a part of an IoT application. Below are more industry specific IoT uses:
- Monitor manufacturing and customer equipment and create predictive maintenance models to reduce costs.
- Improve field service to improve customer service.
- Transform supply chains into connect, intelligent and scalable supply networks to increase efficiencies.
- Empower employees with data-driven insights.
- Fine-tune merchandising and inventory plans.
- Delight consumers through personalized, seamless experiences that drive sales.
- Track, monitor and stay up to date with your product and inventory in real-time.
- Optimize operations with service metrics to build a more agile organization.
- Evolve patient care.
- Monitor medical assets.
- Maintain vital equipment.
- Track equipment usage.
- Monitor driver behaviour for car insurance.
- Offer advice and rewards to customers based on real-time spending.
- Optimize natural resources use.
- Create safer cities.
- Create smart buildings.
- Improve field service.
- Maintain vehicle performance.
- Enable IoT in cars and vehicles.
- Optimize fleet operations.
- Keep traffic moving.