Banking on Cloud
Service Category:Data Science & Analytics
Vertical:Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
This leading private bank scaled new heights of performance by deploying an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Advanced Analytics.
The Indian Banking sector opened up in the 1990s and the entry of private banks completely altered the BFS landscape and raised the bar and upped the overall banking experience for the customers. The customer, one of the early entrants in the private banking space has a countrywide presence, offers a range of personal banking services including deposits, loans, cards, insurance among others.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGES & IT ALIGNMENT
Today with more than 1000 branches and 1,885 ATMs spread across 625 locations in the country and representative offices in London, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi, one of the challenges the bank faced was gaining actionable insights out of data and be able to profit from it. So clearly a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure is the requirement. From the IT side, the key elements the bank looked at was a scale-out architecture to manage high volume data processing. The need of the hour was putting in place a new Data Warehouse on Cloud.
THE SOLUTION WALKTHROUGH
Nihilent helped the bank on this transformation journey by reconciling the existing warehouses and by designing and implementing a new Data Warehouse on Cloud and provided fast and easy access to data for Business and Advanced Analytics. The bank was one of the first Indian banks to deploy Cloud.
Let’s take a deep dive into the solutions that ushered in this transformation on a grand scale.
- Implementation of the new EDW model on Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Designing and implementing the new EDW model on Microsoft Massive Parallel Processing hybrid architecture based on Modern Data Warehouse solution.
- Data Governance.
- Migration of historical on-premise data mart to new EDW model on SQL DWaaS.
POST DEPLOYMENT BENEFITS
This use case is ample testimony to the fact that aligning IT with business leads to wide-ranging benefits. Let’s look at the benefits accrued:
- Provided a scale-out architecture with high availability support.
- The bank can now manage high volume data processing.
- Ability to provide near real-time data availability.
- Dynamically scale to control the performance and cost of infrastructure and services.
- Reduced infrastructure maintenance costs leading to greater RoI.