Ironing out the challenges with SAP S/4HANA and Analytics Cloud
A clear case of digital transformation, this leading manufacturer of TMT Bars achieved a state of the art IT infrastructure with SAP
A leading manufacturer of TMT Bars with hundreds of dealers spread across India, the company uses advanced German engineering to produce state of the art TMT Bars in its hi-tech plants in Madhya Pradesh. Given the top quality products the company produces, it was looking at ramping up its IT infrastructure in sync with the business requirements.
THE IT ALIGNMENT
The company looked at putting in place the following deliverables:
- Establish a fully integrated, process-driven IT infrastructure framework.
- Increase planning accuracy and production performance.
- Standardize and align business processes for the manufacturing entities.
- Introduce digitization by enabling business users to transact via mobile-enabled user interfaces.
- Integration with various satellite systems such as Weighment, Spectrometer, UTM, and integration with banks for payment.
Given the above expectations, Nihilent’s SAP Practice team created a well meshed IT roadmap through the following interventions:
- Mapped business priorities for simplification with a high-level road map.
- Granulated various business challenges such as the impact of scrap quality on PO’s.
- Recording of Material wise specifications, etc. addressed by deploying accelerators.
- Use of SAP Standard functionality to address broker/distributor.
- Mobile-enabled transaction addressed through SAP Fiori Apps.
- Successful integration with Weighbridge, Spectrometer, and UTM Machine.
- Bank integration and easy payment process.
The company adopted the following SAP Solutions & Services
- SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management 1809
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
The following modules were implemented, and the project was completed in 20 weeks.
- Financial & Controlling (FI/CO)
- Sales & Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Quality Management (QM)
POST DEPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- Time-consuming manual processes were eliminated
- Enhanced efficiency and improvised processes to support financial accounting, controlling, and business management
- Inventory – optimal use of space and resources and elimination of material shortages and stock-outs
- Mobility via SAP Fiori apps and embedded analytics supported for inventory tracking
- Accelerated and enhanced stock reports for stock inventory
- Increased transparency through real-time data and new reporting capabilities
- Preconfigured functions with ready-to-use business-process templates
- Organization specific complex business process mappings enabled on the system
LEVERAGING SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD (SAC)
One of the critical interventions relates to the deployment of the SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
This ushered in defined benefits, such as:
- Monitoring efficiency, inventory, purchase, and dispatch on a single tool.
- Production trend-based molten metal, billet, and rolling.
- Burning loss captured batch-wise.
- Production of billet section-wise and production of TMT Bar size and brand wise.
- Analytical data based on broker and distributor.
Nihilent Wins SAP Surround on Microsoft Cloud Hackathon 2020
SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) – The Business Problem Solver
How to Transform your Company into an Intelligent Enterprise in just 24 Weeks?
Nihilent Recognized at SAP ACE Awards